How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27589
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter (she is 37 years old) is a bartender/waitress at

Customer Question

My daughter (she is 37 years old) is a bartender/waitress at a restaurant in Raleigh NC. She is being sexually harassed (verbally) by the Bar Manager and the GM was sitting at the bar drinking when it happened. The GM got up and walked away saying nothing to the Bar Manager. The Bar Manager used the term "ThunderBox" which he later said out loud in front of customers, co-workers, the GM that it meant "WHORE". He had called Christina that several times prior to announcing to everyone what it meant. What kind be done about this disgusting behavior? Karon
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Karon, good morning. At this time, your daughter needs to decide what direction she wants to proceed in. I say this because she could contact the owner/corporate directors and file a complaint against the Bar Manager and the GM. The GM should not be drinking on the clock and if he was aware of this conduct, should have stepped in and taken action. Moreover, the Bar Manager should not be doing this and could be subject to discipline or likely terminated. She may want to handle it internally. However, she also has a legal right to retain counsel and sue them and go after them, for the harassment. She would want to consult with an employment law attorney who can look into all the facts and act on her behalf and start by sending a demand letter to the company, to handle this, to avoid a lawsuit.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you have any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know