How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 20232
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently had a heart attack and my doctor has given me

Customer Question

i recently had a heart attack and my doctor has given me work restrictions of " no call" permanently.
H.R. has told me my job is in jeopardy if I don't take call.
out of 9 other employees in my job I am the only one being required to take "call' now.
I'm going to get fired...what are my options?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 12 months ago.


Thank you for the information and your question. Your options are to file a complaint of disability discrimination with either the Iowa Civil Rights Commission or the EEOC and to speak to a local employment law attorney who handles ADA discrimination cases. Under the ADA, an employer must provide reasonable accommodations if you can still perform the essential functions of the job and if providing the accommodation will not cause their business an "undue burden." Every case is decided on its own individual set of facts and only one of the agencies I mentioned or the courts can make that determination after obtaining all of the facts from all parties. Therefore, it would be impossible for someone, like myself, with all of the facts to venture a guess as to your success, but you definitely should consider exercising your options if you are denied the accommodation your doctor has asked for you.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to let me know you have received my response and also to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 12 months ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 28th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.