Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I had informed my emplooyer that I needed FMLA coming up in

Customer Question
September for some surgery....
I had informed my emplooyer that I needed FMLA coming up in September for some surgery. They presented me with a letter of non renewal of my employment contract effective August 31st. According to the policy of the employer you must submit your FMLA form 30 days prior to your leave however, as of August 31st I will no longer have Insurance nor employment to pay the COBRA I was therefore wondering if I have recourse to try to get the surgery in the next couple of weeks and still have the FMLA dispensation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear about your situation. The seems very unethical on the part of your employer. You may have a very strong legal claim for wrongful termination in that they seem to be firing you because you're about to use her FMLA privileges. I would suggest contacting a local employment attorney to try to negotiate some arrangement with them or else you will file a lawsuit.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer