Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I worked company years. Due to its problems they dissolved

Customer Question
I worked for a company...
I worked for a company for five years. Due to its problems they dissolved their first company and hired me under their other company. I quit because this company stopped paying me. Now they counted me under their taxes for both companies. The dissolved one and the last one I worked for. They laid me off from the first two years prior to me quitting. I collected unemployment and they didn't pay me during that. How do I replace this and get them to fix my taxes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They owe me money under both jobs, and said they would pay me back. I have my bank statements. I went under drawn so often while waiting for them to pay me when they actually managed to. Now the it's is after me for money they never paid me under a company I haven't worked for in almost 6 years.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's the irs . It keeps auto correcting it. I apologize.
7/24/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

You would need the assistance of U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division ("WHD") to force the company to straighten out your pay and your taxes. You would file a wage claim with WHD and let the agency investigate and get back to you. Click here for the contact information--scroll up or down to find your State.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law