How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked company years. Due to its problems they dissolved

Customer Question

I worked for a company for five years. Due to its problems they dissolved their first company and hired me under their other company. I quit because this company stopped paying me. Now they counted me under their taxes for both companies. The dissolved one and the last one I worked for. They laid me off from the first two years prior to me quitting. I collected unemployment and they didn't pay me during that. How do I replace this and get them to fix my taxes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They owe me money under both jobs, and said they would pay me back. I have my bank statements. I went under drawn so often while waiting for them to pay me when they actually managed to. Now the it's is after me for money they never paid me under a company I haven't worked for in almost 6 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the irs . It keeps auto correcting it. I apologize.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would need the assistance of U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division ("WHD") to force the company to straighten out your pay and your taxes. You would file a wage claim with WHD and let the agency investigate and get back to you. Click here for the contact information--scroll up or down to find your State.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Employment Law Questions