Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have a former employee who was terminated because he was

Customer Question
over claiming hours to get...
I have a former employee who was terminated because he was over claiming hours to get pay overtime. When he was confronted about the hours he said he worked but he didn't. He openly admitted that those hours were used for personal purposes. The over claimed hours were deducted from his last paycheck and he is not harassing and threating to sue the company because his last paycheck was zero due to the negative balance as the over claimed hours exceeded. What steps should I follow?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virgina
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We send him a termination letter via mail explaining the reason that we was fired and showing the zero balance paycheck, but the envelope was returned to us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2016
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Tina, Lawyer