How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19321
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested and couldn't call in to work. I resigned

Customer Question

I was arrested and couldn't call in to work . I resigned because they using treading me with my case and haven't been charged with anything yet my Union did nothing but bully me and lie to me . So I resigned . Because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere if they did what they said they were going to do. I worked there for 32 year can I sue them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

f you were forced to resign, then you may have a case for constructive termination.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handle employment issues to assist you with the lawsuit:

You should also file for unemployment compensation.

Since you belong to a Union, your Union supposed to help with this. If the Union has failed in their job to protect you, then you may actually file complaint against the Union with National Labor Relations Board

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Employment Law Questions