Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was working as a Sales Executive fir a Staffing Agency and

Customer Question
i was Terminated for my...
I was working as a Sales Executive fir a Staffing Agency and i was Terminated for my Sales not creating enough revenue. However i brought 9 Clients and my supporting staff did not fill all my clients needs they handled about 50% of my 9 Clients..i am AA Lesbian that wonders if i were of a different person would i still be employed. There is No training or handbook for my position. I was working off the clock trying to ensure that my clients were happy. My Employees were happy. I was never wrote up for my production. A employee that was in the same position was Hispanic like my ex employer and she worked a strong year and a half with No clients on her own ..i was released with 5 months experience.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
7/23/2016
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer

Perhaps it was discrimination based upon your sexual orientation. If so, that could be illegal based upon Title VII federal law. If found to be illegally terminated, you would be entitled to financial loss, emotional distress and possibly punitive damages. You must first submit a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and request an investigation. Here is a link to file a claim for an investigation: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer