How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a contracted medical worker who was just told I was not

Customer Question

I am a contracted medical worker who was just told I was not going to receive my last pay check due to an unavoidable emergency surgery I had to have this week . I am contracted 1800 miles from my home now with no paycheck no travel pay back home and no place to stay that I di not have to pay for. I am still in the hospital at this time so I can not leave at this time my husband is here as well as my small dog. I can send you a copy of my contract which I have fulfilled to the fullest even above and beyond the contracted duty. Is there any help for me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

First, I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you are getting well. Yes, absolutely you should first get yourself better then you have a couple of avenues. You can sue them for breach of contract which can be costly and expensive or file a wage claim with the Colorado Division of Labor. You can find the wage and hour complaint form here:

The filing should include as much information and documentation as possible. This process can be completed with or without an attorney.

Related Employment Law Questions