Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am a contracted medical worker who was just told I was not

Customer Question

I am a contracted medical worker who was just told I was not going to receive my last pay check due to an unavoidable emergency surgery I had to have this week . I am contracted 1800 miles from my home now with no paycheck no travel pay back home and no place to stay that I di not have to pay for. I am still in the hospital at this time so I can not leave at this time my husband is here as well as my small dog. I can send you a copy of my contract which I have fulfilled to the fullest even above and beyond the contracted duty. Is there any help for me
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

First, I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you are getting well. Yes, absolutely you should first get yourself better then you have a couple of avenues. You can sue them for breach of contract which can be costly and expensive or file a wage claim with the Colorado Division of Labor. You can find the wage and hour complaint form here: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/complaint-forms.

The filing should include as much information and documentation as possible. This process can be completed with or without an attorney.