How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to have my divorce Read and interpreted by a lawyer

Customer Question

I have to have my divorce Read and interpreted by a lawyer whom understands CSR retirement and Life insurance because USDA FSA cannot read and OPM will not do it until I actually retire.
I have just short of 40 years but have no idea what I will receive in retirement. I can provide my divorce and time in service along. But need to know what I will be able to receive so I can make a decision on retiring.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, A. Is there any way you can attach the decree to your reply?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a copy of Divorce Decree, if you feel I should go to my present lawyer I can do that. It was recomended to me that I should go to an expert on Court Ordered Civil Service Retirement Benefits.
Thanks for your help.
Andy Michael
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am currently away from the site and do not want to make you wait. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts so you can get an answer faster.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous expert had to leave.
Have you or your ex filed a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) with the CSR pension plan administrator yet? That should specify how much your ex will get from your pension. The court order says that your ex gets 1/2 of your pension up to June 2005, so the party doing the QDRO and plan administrator have to calculate that amount and the same goes for your insurance plan proceeds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the problem my employer USDA Farm Service Agency can not give me any information as there is a court order, they have contacted OPM and they will not look at the court order until I have retired and they tell my agency USDA Farm Serrvice Agency that I will have to get a lawyer that understands CSR to read and give me what the figures will be. I understand that there is no guarantee but someone should be able to give me a good estimate, and that is what I am looking for to determine if there is enough income coming in to support myself. I am also 5 quarters short of being able to draw SSI retirement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can not give me the information I am looking for, I think I have found a lawyer that can. I do not want to spend more than the $60 dollars paid if an answer will not come.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that $5.00 has already been taken from the 60.00 but my credit card says the whole amount has been withdrawn.