Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My company terminated me from my outside sales position

Customer Question

My company terminated me from my outside sales position without due cause. I was told that my territory was being re-aligned. Two weeks later they hired a female rep, younger than me for the same position. I received a 6 month severance package however had never received any warnings. My sales were at the company's quota for the year.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was with this company for 19 years.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did you sign a waiver of your right to sue in exchange for accepting the severance package? Do you have any specific reason to believe that your age or gender was the reason you were fired, aside from the fact you were replaced by a younger female? What is the gender and age of the person who made the decision to let you go? If you could answer these questions for me, that would enable me to best assist you....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so. Its states on a the agreement the employee doesn't waive, release or discharge: any right to file an admin. charge or complaint with the EEOC......

That is strange. So it is saying you waive your right to sue but not your right to file an administrative charge or EEOC complaint?

Unfortunately, I cannot talk to customers on the phone. Your request has been forwarded to other attorneys on the site, though. In the mean time, I am happy to assist you here. I just need you to respond to my questions above.....

Are you still with me?