How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19470
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a grievance filed against a school district that is

Customer Question

We have a grievance filed against a school district that is going to arbitration. Because the District delayed their responses at prior steps and is insisting on arbitration, the end of the school year was the death knell for the remedy sought. Is it permissible to amend the the remedy sought just days prior to the arbitration?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is permissible because there is nothing in the Florida Arbitration Code that prohibits it. See Florida Statutes Chapter 682.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.