How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5629
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I may have to get some surgery done do to a job related

Customer Question

HiI may have to get some surgery done do to a job related injury. I will be out of work for about two weeks.
Who would I file with, to recoup my lost wages?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You need to give notice of the injury to your employer. The employer should in turn file a claim with its workers comp carrier. If the employer will not do that, you need to contact your state's workers compensation agency, which will give you information to file claim directly with your employer's carrier. In some instances the employer may not have coverage in which case you can ask them to directly reimburse you or you can file with workers comp claim with the state, which may have a secondary fund from which it reimburses employees of employers that do not have such coverage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There-for workers comp will re-emburse me for lost wages?What if I use my medical coverage to get the processdure. Can I still get reimbursed for my lost wages?Will the amount change?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Workers Comp is supposed to pay for lost wage and all the medical (no co-pays or deductible to you) plus mileage going to and from treatment(s). Workers comp pays between 60 and 80% of your wage, and that amount does not change.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I use my personal medical coverage for an operation, can I be reimbursed by workers comp, for my lost wages, and at what rate?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I need to know what state you are in for your wage reimbursement rate. Yes you can be reimbursed for the surgery assuming it is reasonable and necessary for the injury, which I'm assuming it is if a doctor recommended it to you over a less invasive procedure such as physical therapy or pain relief procedures.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to bother you, but you haven't yet provided a positive rating for this answer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit and I get no credit for the work I put into the matter. Thanks.