How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 20401
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sexually harassed at work on multiple occasions. I

Customer Question

I was sexually harassed at work on multiple occasions. I told management and corporate on 7/7/16 the harasser is still employed with the company I work for. They denied a transfer. And told me I could take unpaid time off or work uncomfortably.. since 7/7/16 he has spoken sexually of me to other employees. I want to sue the company how do I go about doing so. Do I even have a case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for the information and your question. Assuming that you reported the allegations of sexual harassment to the person or persons in HR, or your EO office, that are charged with investigating sexual harassment, and assuming they are not taking any action to stop the harassment, then the next steps would be to file a formal sexual harassment (sex discrimination) complaint with the State through the Civil Rights Division of the Attorney General's Office and/or file with the EEOC. You can find information about the State's process and deadline at the following link:

Once you have filed your complaint, you may want to sit down with a local employment law attorney to discuss the details of your case and decide, at that time, whether you will wait for attempted resolution and investigation by one or both of the agencies I mentioned, or whether you will ask them for a "right to sue" letter and go ahead and file suit. Your attorney once they gather all of the detailed facts from you will be able to tell you if they think you have a case worth pursuing. I simply would not have enough information via this forum to do so. But, based only on what you have shared, you have enough of a set of facts to file a complaint and see where the investigation by the agencies or your attorney goes.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 19th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.