How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116704
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wondering if I have an EEO complaint against a co

Customer Question

I am wondering if I have an EEO complaint against a co worker
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: It's a messy situation regarding paternity and her harassing me at my employment
JA: Employment law can be complex. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with can answer any questions you have about harassment, and I'd like to match you with the person who's the best fit.
Customer: I have not spoken to a lawyer
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Do you want the entire story?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for using JustAnswer! Can you provide a bit more detail about the situation?



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So I am 48 years old. In 2000 I had a vasectomy. Since then i had negative sperm count test. I have had unprotected sex with several women who are not on birth control. In 2014 I slept with a co worker and she claims I got her pregnant. I had two more sperm count test after with negative results. We did a home paternity test which showed I was not the father. And I am currently involved with a woman who is not on birth control and we have not had any issues. Today we completed a legal paternity test at a lab. Results are not available for 3-5 days. So this woman has talked about this situation at work and made it a harsh working environment where I had to transfer. My question is if the results come back negative again. What are my legal options against her and other employees who have degraded my name.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, you have rights to sue the woman who made the known false statement against you and seek damages for the embarrassment and harassment in the workplace and the cause of your emotional distress. It is also possible to have an EEO complaint for hostile work environment based on your sex, since she accused you of impregnating her based only on your sex.
So you have two options, sue for defamation and hostile work environment and also to file your EEO complaint.