Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was born in May 1951. Sometime in 1970, I started smoking

Customer Question
- I was hired at...
I was born in May 1951. Sometime in 1970, I started smoking - I was hired at Philip Morris in Richmond, VA. They provided employees with free cigarettes - one pack a day. Now I am addicted. I know this is a hopeless situation. But I have tried every stop-smoking product and/or method that I can afford. I don't believe I will ever have any success on my own, but need the help of an in-patient type clinic, which I cannot afford. I feel so pathetic, because I have never had the will power to become, and REMAIN, cigarette free. Is there any help for me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
7/17/2016
Employment Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel that this was a rip off. I wanted to know if I had any legal recourse due to a previous employer's contribution to my nicotine addiction. That question was not addressed in any way. Yet my charge card was billed right away, before I had even seen the "expert" advice, which was totally unsatisfactory. I was not given an opportunity to determine whether the response was satisfactory before my card was billed, contrary to your ad.

I have nothing to do with the billing issues and any such issues have to be addressed with JustAnswer.com customer service.

I do not get any type of payment, until and unless my answer is accepted and positively rated by the customer.

I did not provide you with any answer, but asked you to clarify as to what your legal question was, as you did not state your legal question in your original post.

Please let me know if you are still looking for an answer to the question as to whether any legal recourse might be available against tobacco industry?

Tina, Lawyer