Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was terminated from walmart deli food. I worked I the deli

Customer Question
I was terminated from walmart...
I was terminated from walmart for buying deli food. I worked I the deli for 5 yrs,,,,never got any warnings , coaching, anything,,,,,I was called to office on June 21 ,,,,my store manager ,,a man. I did not know and an assistant manager,,,,my store manager left the room. This man told me straight up the only way I could prevent prosecution was to tell the truth,,,,I got scared,,,all he said was i was going to b prosecuted if I did not tell them what I knew about a. Sack marked chicken breast,,,he again mentioned I would b prosicuted and possibly terminated,,,so I told him I bought and paid for everything I had bought,,,,the only thing I ever did was take a few can strips and acidently marked them wrong i....but I did pay for them .....our conversation totally went 2 different ways,,,,I was so scared he told me I had to write a staremant ,,,keep n mind I was showed nothing and told nothing other than that ,,,he ask me if I would b willing to pay walmart back ,,,,I said if I owe walmart any money i would b happy to ,,no problem,,but ask what I did wrong still no answer,,,,the can strips was goings to compost and I bought them for my puppies,,,all he ask was how much food i had bought from deli,,,,I said well I ban bun food for a few months Cruz I haven't cooked and my mom was sick,,,so he asked bout how many pounds I say maybe 50 d with I guess I paid for everything,,,,he say ok just write the statement it b ok....he said he could not help r tell me what to write ,,,but he did,,he also told me he had to have the statement not to prosicuted me. So I'm scared. Not knowing what was going on fir sure I didn't want any problems so I did it,,,,he told me he had to have me write 50 d and I would pay back,,,,and sign so he could talk to me store manager,,,,he left the room come back with her all she did was start scolding me ask me how long I ban the i said 5 yrs she said what I did was wrong and fired me...for being honest and Makin a mistake ....said it was policy I could not buy anything to b composted,,,markdowns act....I have never been told this ,,,I did not know,,,like I say I have never been coached ...talk to nothing...I was still showed nothing n my file,,,all she said was she got that paper she would not prosicuted and I was fired,,and thank me for being honest ,,,,,I was never told I was gonna b fired but I was threathend if I did not do what they said,,,,,,I also had to work over everynight Makin sure deli was clean ant doing things for my manager Makin me have over time and I had to cut on my lunch daily so didn't have OT at end of week....I also fell n a drain a couple yrs ago,,,I reported it to management,,,,I was told put an icepack on my leg an go on i b ok,,,,,they did not take a report,,,my deli manager went 5o management mad Cruz they did not do proper procedure,,,,so long story short I was hurt on job,,,,they would not do a report,,did not help me pay fir it,,,,to this day I have to go to Dr. For shots and take mess for my hip and pain,,,,,is this all proper procedure ? I don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My department manger has told me since my termination she get a memo for girls to read and sign about the policy now,,,,I was never showed policy r memo,,,,I have reported to management ladies n deli r grazing full meals not paying for n back room,,,,nothing has been done about it,,,,
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Tina, Lawyer