Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My wife and I filed a civil complaint regarding teacher

Customer Question

My wife and I filed a civil complaint regarding teacher safety (in an urban publc school district) and other issues v. my employer (school district). We filed nearly simultaneously as I was disabled due to a fall on site. I have been out of work due to concussion and neck injuries, and receiving workers compensation for that fall for 9 months. Writing, and continuing with the litigation is difficult but can be accomplished with help from my wife. My employer knows that speech and higher order thinking are diffuclt for me and I am being treated by Jefferson University Hospital. As a result of my disability I filed a motion for continuance - below please see what occurred.Date Item
5/4/2016 Plaintiffs response to defendants motion to strike amended complaint-5/4/2016 Plaintiffs motion for civil case continuance pursuant to PA rule of civil
procedure 216(A)(2) - JUDGE DID NOT RESPOND5/26/2016 Plaintiffs response to preliminary objections of defendant School
District to plaintiffs second amended complaint pursuant to PA RCP
1028(a)(4)5/26/2016 Plaintiffs response to preliminary objections of defendants (names),
to plaintiffs amended complaint (reiterating plaintiffs disability)5/26/2016 Plaintiffs response to defendants (names) motion to strike plaintiffs
amended complaint6/6/2016 ORDER OF COURT - Plaintiffs Amended Complaint is hereby DENIED
and DISMISSED with prejudice ---- (We were unaware argument was
scheduled 6-6, however I am unable to argument due to disability)6/6/2016 ORDER OF COURT - it is hereby ORDERED and DECREED that said motion
to strike is hereby GRANTED. Plaintiffs praecipe to file amended pleading
and proposed amended complaint is hereby STRICKEN WITH PREJUDICE6/17/2016 Plaintiffs motion for reconsideration of order sustaining defendants
preliminary objections and denying and dismissing plaintiffs amended
complaint (reiterating) plaintiffs disabilityJudge DID NOT RESPOND.6/17/2016 plaintiffs motion for reconsideration of order to strike plaintiffs praecipe to
file amended pleading pursuant to PA Rule of civil procedure 1028©(1)
and proposed amended complaintJudge DID NOT RESPOND6/29/2016 ORDER dated JUNE 6 by the court, but dated JUNE 29 by prothonotary:
ORDER - Counts 1-6 of Second Amended complaint are dismissed with
prejudice because Counts 1-6 fail to state actionable claims.7/5/2016 Plaintiffs motion for reconsideration of order sustaining preliminary objections
of defendant reading school district to plaintiffs' second amended complaintJudge DID NOT RESPONDThis judge is new and unfortunately an extremely close relationship exists between some of our courts and the school district.I believe since most of our case is gone we must appeal the the Commonwealth Court.....I would like to ask some questions in that regard.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Please go ahead with your questions...

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.