How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was hurt at work and had 2 back surgeries. I was receiving

Customer Question

I was hurt at work and had 2 back surgeries. I was receiving third party sick pay which was taxed. I settled with the company in 2007 and received a lump sum settlement. I was then found to be disabled and started receiving long term disability from the company. I received a back payment from social security as did my wife and children. The long term company took all of the back pay from me, my wife and my children. Now today, 9 years later I receive a call from a new insurance company and they say I owe them the settlement that I received in 2007. Can they do this to my family and me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have they explained why they think they are entitled to this?

What is the relationship of the "new insurance company" to the long term disability insurance company and the worker's compensation insurance company?

I am not clear as to how many insurance companies are involved.