Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was hurt at work and had 2 back surgeries. I was receiving

Customer Question
I was hurt at work...
I was hurt at work and had 2 back surgeries. I was receiving third party sick pay which was taxed. I settled with the company in 2007 and received a lump sum settlement. I was then found to be disabled and started receiving long term disability from the company. I received a back payment from social security as did my wife and children. The long term company took all of the back pay from me, my wife and my children. Now today, 9 years later I receive a call from a new insurance company and they say I owe them the settlement that I received in 2007. Can they do this to my family and me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
7/13/2016
Employment Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney

I am sorry to hear this.

Have they explained why they think they are entitled to this?

What is the relationship of the "new insurance company" to the long term disability insurance company and the worker's compensation insurance company?

I am not clear as to how many insurance companies are involved.

Tina, Lawyer