Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Can an employer tell me I can't take annual leave if advance

Customer Question
notice is given?...
can an employer tell me I can't take annual leave if advance notice is given?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
7/13/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

At this point in comes down to whether they can demonstrate that their company would suffer "undue hardship" (defined as significant difficulty or expense) by continuing to hold your job. Whether they will suffer undue hardship is a question of fact that, ultimately, only a jury would be able to decide in consideration of all the facts and circumstances. If you are let go, the prudent thing to do would be to immediately file a complaint with the EEOC, which is the federal agency that investigates and prosecutes violations of the ADA. See here to initiate the complaint process.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer