How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is currently incarcerated and is being harassed

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: My husband is currently incarcerated and is being harassed and degraded by a correctional officer. He has filed grievances and spoken with and wrote in to the superintendent, however, the officer has only began retaliating and nothing has changed. Am I able to file a complaint against this employee? What are his options for these misconduct to cease?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, not really sure my options
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: At this point, I have stated the obvious and am looking to know what my husband's rights are to stop being treated this way
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Have you filed a grievance for him or considered having a local lawyer contact the DOP.