Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My question is. My supervisor asked about an employee

Customer Question
Hello my question is. My...
Hello my question is. My supervisor asked about an employee falling asleep on the job. I said yes and he wanted a statement. I told him I will but I will not sign my name. Because of me knowing the person. He said then it wouldn't work. He then got any other statement from another employee and fired the employee sleeping on the job. Then I find out HR sent all emails to my supervisor to EDD. Now the employee who got fired knows what I did. My question is did they violate my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
7/9/2016
Employment Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, any internal company report that is made, is not confidential and the supervising employee can in fact reveal the source of any reports and generally in such situation, there would not be any legal recourse.

Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law