How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19230
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Accusations by my boss regarding my behavior when I am not

Customer Question

Accusations by my boss regarding my behavior when I am not working. A women in a mans world wrongfully accused In an attempt to gain or keep market share. My boss accused me, by saying that I invited these allegations because of my outgoing personality and made reference to my social off hours drinking with my clients as a probable cause. I disgusted by these alligations.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

When you have accusations against you that are based on gender discrimination there really is only one thing that you can do. You must file a complaint with the EEOC in your state, alleging gender discrimination, so that a neutral third party government agency can come in and investigate the matter fully.

In this way, you obtain immediate protections against retaliation and you preserve your right to sue in federal court. An EEOC complaint in a prerequisite to suit, so it is a process you would have to accomplish anyway.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in your years of experience, do I have a valid complaint or am I inviting more stress and disappointment into my life?
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

No honest attorney can tell you, on the limited facts you've given here, whether you have a valid complaint. Many dishonest ones though, expecting a retainer fee, would absolutely say you have a case.

What I can say is that you have the basic framework of a claim. If accusations have been made against you and your gender appears to be at the center of those allegations (similar complaints wouldn't be made about a male), then you have the prima facie facts to support a claim. Only after the EEOC investigation though would you really know. This is why most attorneys won't take a case until you've completed the EEOC process.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.