Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I reside in San California. I believe I was wrongfully

Customer Question

I reside in San Jose California. I believe I was wrongfully terminated and my employer refused to pay my last paycheck and deferred pay owed to me for the last 6 months. How should I proceed with collecting my pay?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to file a wage claim with California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. Click on the link below for more information:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I file the wage claim form, how long will it be for a hearing or conference take place?

It really depends on the caseload of the agency. You would need to contact the agency as to its timeline.