How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in San California. I believe I was wrongfully

Customer Question

I reside in San Jose California. I believe I was wrongfully terminated and my employer refused to pay my last paycheck and deferred pay owed to me for the last 6 months. How should I proceed with collecting my pay?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to file a wage claim with California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. Click on the link below for more information:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I file the wage claim form, how long will it be for a hearing or conference take place?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It really depends on the caseload of the agency. You would need to contact the agency as to its timeline.