How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19633
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been on disability getting my small SS to pay /issue

Customer Question

I have been on disability getting my small SS to pay for Medicare/issue date of Medicare was 2010. I recently started receiving less than half of my husbands SS since I could not work. The sent two checks, mine and less than half of his. Being born in 1951, I could not receive half of his SS. Percentage of half. My husband died 2 weeks ago. ( on our anniversary) I know I need to get things changed,what do I do in order get this started by next pay period..July. they did not contact me, but Medicare contacted his part d, so obviously they know. I was wondering when I call, tho the lady does not like me, ( was real nice to my husband do I need to take paper work? Suggest if need a death certificate they need to let funeral home know? Or what..I am not even sure if I have to wait to do this until November like I used to have to do everything. So much on my mind.,not sure what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

You need to call the Social Security Administration's 800# ***** report the death. You do not need to provide the Death Certificate. 1-***-***-**** ( TTY 1-***-***-****).

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.