How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57726
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person has been working in a municipality 15 years and

Customer Question

If a person has been working in a municipality for over 15 years and when caught in a traffic was terminated, and due to his non-residence status in this country (his wife is an American Citizen) has been denied his retirement benefit (not SS) is that allowed, or can He fight for his retirement pay?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes but not a pursue of suit type case.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: That because of his status he cannot get the retirement.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, only that he had a case and the lawyer told him that if he declared he was guilty the case would go his way.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about right to a public benefit or a private benefit?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Is he fully vested in the benefit?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Benefit in which one is vested must be paid in full.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively, and feel free to follow up.