How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19471
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was involved in a 1999 womens discrimination lawsuit

Customer Question

I was involved in a 1999 womens discrimination lawsuit against the arkansas department of correction and I was awarded monetary benefits and years of service. I became permanently and totally disabled in 2003. My question is am I entitled to retirement benefits for the 5 years of service i worked from 1/10/1988 to 03/04/1999; 11/1/1999 - 11/13/1999 and the years i was awarded from the settlement which was 10 yrs.

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you meet the vesting requirements of the retirement plan, yes, you would be entitled to benefits. Otherwise, no.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.