Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Sedgwick is asking entire lump sum, Ga, My lawyer has been

Customer Question

Sedgwick is asking for my entire lump sum
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ga
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: My lawyer has been paid through ssa
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The lawyer says this third party was hired by PepsiCo and they were supposed to get the lump sum that I worked thirteen years at PepsiCo for. I don't remember agreeing to anything l just knew I couldn't work anymore for various reasons that culminated into MS.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The lawyer says this third party was hired by PepsiCo and they were supposed to get the lump sum that I worked thirteen years at PepsiCo for. I don't remember agreeing to anything l just knew I couldn't work anymore for various reasons that culminated into MS.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SSA sent me my lump sum payment. It was already cut short by two years of when l first started having problems with my entire body especially all my extremities.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. However, I am unclear about your question. Can you provide a little background information and perhaps clarify the question? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lawyer says this third party was hired by PepsiCo called Sedgwick for to handle it's employee's STD and LTD payments. I went out on problems that led to LTD and finally after two rejections and a hearing, I was found fully favorable for Disability. My Lawyer with the Advocators said they dropped two of my first two years prior to my MS I couldn't see why because the Lyrica and Flexiril along with the pain from shoulder surgery, plus the weight, lifting,overhead lifting, bending over restrictions that already had me on LTD. I don't know where Sedgwick comes with the claim that l owe them. PepsiCo took money from each check just like SSA. so should we need it we could use it remember agreeing to anything l just knew I couldn't work anymore for various reasons that culminated into MS. I want to know what I'm entitled to without any strings attached and l should have money for me because I'm vested in this company
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.

I'm really sorry, but I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. However, I will open your question for other attorneys to review. Thank you for using our service.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor had to leave.
Sedgewick is a claims service, they handle management, payment and collection of claims for employers.
If they are seeking to collect this money from you based on an over payment of benefits or for benefits you should not have received, you will have to sue them in court if they will not agree to drop the collection. You need to contact your attorney that handled this claim initially for your disability, because they can step in and work out a resolution of any discrepancies based on what your employer is telling Sedgewick you should not have collected. However, all of the records of your account need to be reviewed to see what they are trying to collect from you and if it is or is not appropriate.