How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does federal law allow borrowing against my 1199SEIU pension

Customer Question

Does federal law allow borrowing against my 1199SEIU pension for other than a home if I am fully vested?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, federal allow allows this type of borrowing, though the amount you can borrow is limited. If you are purchasing your principal place of residence, have been approved for a mortgage and are vested, you can borrow a sum between $1,000 and $7,500 to pay the down payment or closing costs. However, the amount of your loan cannot exceed 1/2 of the present value of the pension you have earned when you apply for the loan.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings interface on your end so I can receive credit for my work.

Thank you and best wishes!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Just checking to see if you have any additional questions? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks

Related Employment Law Questions