Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

There is a person whom is a of business at a university.

Customer Question
There is a person whom...
There is a person whom is a dean of business at a university . Recently this person was elected as a magistrate for the county . My question is if it is illegal to hold two taxing body jobs at the same time . in an internet post it said the person turned down the health benefit from the magistrate position . it did not say anything about any of the other benefits of that position . Information on this subject would be helpful for my own knowledge . Thank you . Dennis Doyle
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Calloway County , Kentucky
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I'm not certian
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/29/2016
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, while there can be an issue with holding two elected positions, holding one elected position and being employed by a different government entity would not be an issue.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer