Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was terminated by a company I was working for as a contractor. The supervisor of the company say's that I haven't...

Customer Question
I was terminated by a...
I was terminated by a company I was working for as a contractor. The supervisor of the company say's that I haven't been doing assigned tasks repeatedly, yet I do not have any documented disciplinary actions against me. There was a weekly meeting 2 weeks ago where I asked if the meeting was a disciplinary meeting because of the tone I felt. The supervisor along with the recruiter replied that it was not a disciplinary meeting.
Who can I contact about this matter?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/28/2016
Employment Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. If you feel that you have been unfairly terminated you would contact an employment attorney. Since employment is generally at will, they would be free to terminate you for any non-discriminatory reason, and you would be able to leave for any reason as well. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney