Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Just started a job 3 days ago, another job I applied for just called me for employment. this job is 40 hrs at 10.

Customer Question
50, the one they called...
just started a job 3 days ago, another job I applied for just called me for employment. this job is 40 hrs at 10. 50, the one they called me with today is 20 hours for 90 days at 11.50. after 90 days I can bid on any full time positions. Will I get un-empolyment if I quit?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My boss of 6 1/2 years told me 2 weeks ago that he can't afford to keep me if minimum wage goes to 15.00 an hour in NYS. he said I should start looking for a new job. I interviewed for the 20 hrs a week first, I took this other job because I can not be with out a job. So I'm pretty sure if I can collect some UE and stll work the 20 hourjob I would be collecting from my previous boss.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/27/2016
Employment Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Will you get unemloyment if you quit what? The present job so you can take the new job?

2. Why would to take the new job offer and then quit?

Doug

Tina, Lawyer