How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i proceed with filing a claim against walmart on a

Customer Question

how do i proceed with filing a claim against walmart on a reservation that I'm a legal tribe member unlike others that are claiming and walmart is collectingcollecting taxes off them but any ways 1. i was told i was agreed to be paid $10.15 for working in dairy/frozen but on my first day i was in dairy and my job title said dry stock/grocery yet another associate was also hired with the same agreement and he started with $10.15 and was labeled a frozen/dairy associate. i was hired as a temp but a couple months later a associate manager who was leaving told me he was going to make me full time, and was had the wage set right, all one of the mangers had to sign and change my job title . 2. all managers knew i wasn't being paid right and for months i asked every night bout my wage and they neglected and then started harassing me. 3. walmarts policy says you can not do a job you're not getting paid for but i was in dairy and frozen every night working with others who did less, i trained other associates who were making more than me. 4. around a certain time walmart changed its policy so that everyone was going to make at least $10 so i got 5 cents but before that one of the old mangers showed me an email saying my name "jaime mira is approved for the .15 cents " and when i asked their HR employee bout it she said no i was not able to anymore and the email disappeared
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there's more i just needed to get it started
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

While there are many complications associated with tribal employers, the situation you describe is a non-tribal employer that happens to be employing individuals on tribal land.

This makes the problem simpler.

You can file a wage and hour complaint against the employer.

(The Federal Department of Labor has a helpful guide and resources (you can even call for help with your claim) here:

And the State of Nevada has their own wage and hour division: (use the drop down on the right hand side).

With these circumstances (involving tribal land), I would generally start with the Federal site - as noted, you can even contact them ahead of time to get their impression of the specifics of your case before you file - and if they refer you to the state level (where most wage and hour enforcement happens), you can then easily follow up with the NV state site I provided above.

If the above does not work and you would like to pursue a civil claim, you can speak to a local labor attorney (not a worker's compensation attorney - the two provide very different types of legal services). You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).