How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 27 year employee with the state of Il. I feel that I

Customer Question

I am a 27 year employee with the state of Il. I feel that I have been discriminated based on race, religion and age. I received a promotion on 04.01.16 and was harassed by my previous Bureau Chief. I never received any objective in my previous job, never had any evaluations or training. The state of IL owes me over $500 in travel expenses I was required to pay upfront and then to reimbursed. My travel vouchers have been denied. I was discriminated against because I had to take a medical leave when my daughter passed.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: communications with my previous employer.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I would like to schedule a consultation with an attorney, and I have a Right to Sue letter from the EEOC.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can.

It sounds like you already know your rights regarding the discrimination, since you have already filed and EEOC charge and received a right to sue letter. How can I help you? What legal information are you seeking?