Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I am a RN and was not confirmed that scheduler marked me

Customer Question

i am a RN and was not confirmed for shifts that scheduler marked me down for. scheduler now marked me as a " no call no show" and is possibly terminating me. i have all text messages between myself/scheduler with no confirmations of ANY of the dates. she is defaming my character as a nurse, employee, and human being by telling co workers that i "lied" and just didn't work shifts. i just typed related message to dimitry.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can argue the facts that you never agreed to cover those shifts.I also wonder if this could also be a smoke screen for discrimination.Often when they want to get rid of an older worker, or based on your sex or age they using this as a pretext.Filing a complaint with EEOC here is a means to protect you from wrongful termination and other adverse action.

You may also get a right to sue letter from EEOC allowing you to file a civil suit for damages from all of this as well including damage to your reputation.

EEOC

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, you can file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect the aggrieved person's identity. There are time limits for filing a charge.

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

Also if they terminate you afterward file another one claiming retaliation here as well.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Lawyer for you here

http://www.lawyers.com/labor-and-employment/ohio/find-law-firms-by-city/

I am so sorry that they have mistreated you this way.File your complaint and consider a lawyer to sue as well.