Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have approved fmla (intermitent) with Segwick. However, I

Customer Question
Hello, I have approved fmla...
Hello, I have approved fmla (intermitent) with Segwick. However, I had a flare up of a chronic condition and was denied approval of an abscence. Ive had this happen before and be approved. Exact same circumstances. My company has a 3hr window to call in or before midnight if your on call. I didn't fit within these guidelines but my condition isnt cooperative to those timeframes sometimes. Trying to figure out if this is legal and how to draft an appeal letter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

If you have fmla leave available then they should not wrongfully deny you. In your appeal letter you need to include a report from your doctor explaining your inability to work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The report from my doctor is already documented when they approved me for fmla. I have been approved for at least 3 yrs for the same condition.

Yes but an uodated report would help your position significantly. Especially if you end up having to file a legal claim.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer