Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was an employee of Ford motor company, with 30.3 yrs. of

Customer Question
service. I was terminated on...
I was an employee of Ford motor company, with 30.3 yrs. of service. I was terminated on December 1 2015, for a " threat of violence" . I am represented by the united automobile workers union. The union keeps telling me that they can get me reinstated, because of my seniority. I am going broke waiting. I recently heard of a woman ( African American) taking pictures of a white male. He confronted her as to why? She responded cause I want my boy to know exactly what you look like, so he can KILL you! He then reported this to his foreman, who confronted the woman, and she confirmed what was said. Then she confirmed the same to Human Resources. They gave the woman 2 weeks off. This is not fair. I have been terminated, because of something I may of said, that I was going to kill a foreman. It may have been said, I do not remember, it comes down to my word against his! I am wondering how my punishment can be so much harsher than hers, when she openly admits it. My words were reported to H.R. by a fellow toolmaker, who drove me to the parking lot.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2016
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Tina, Lawyer