Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I travel on the road as a technical rep. Over a month ago On

Customer Question
I travel on the road...
I travel on the road for work as a technical rep. Over a month ago On a Saturday I was in my truck, doing nothing for work and lost my license. I was told verbally I was on a leave of absence until The matter was resolved. I was told after my loss of license that I was going to be talked to because a couple of customers said to my employer that in the morning they thought they smelled alcohol on my breath. I had no knowledge of this and never, for obvious reasons had to sign any warning paper work. I have my license and able to work. This they were going to talk to me after the incident, and being in my vehicle not working and with no prior knowledge of this complaint I don't know what i should do. At least I would like to Know if I can collect unemployment until this job can be resolved or I find a new place of employment. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/21/2016
Employment Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

When you say you lost your license, do you mean you physically lost your driver license, or do you mean that it was suspended by the issuing state?

I look forward to hearing back from you and working with you through this issue.

Just checking in to see if you received my response. Thanks

Tina, Lawyer