Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My name is ***** ******* I was terminated from my job today

Customer Question
My name is ***** ******* I...
My name is ***** *******
I was terminated from my job today at ******* ******** ********* in Salisbury MD,
I received a letter they handed me today at 2:20 . they just said my work was poor and unsatisfactory, for which i was still new at this job.
I started May 9 and was trained at another office completely different than the one i got hired for i was trained for a week and then was thrown in the office. I feel like i was set up from the beginning,the office manager told me last week that i was ordering test
the wrong way but iwas doing as the other office trained me to do, then i was doing the insurances the wrong way but i was doing as the other office told me and then she told me last week on thursday that the way i left the specimens in the office was unsatisfactory but on wedsday she told me to let them set for the next day if i could not get them in the computer as the doctors were ordering them.
This office was very different from the one i was trained at and they did not give me the correct percedures as they wanted, I was not given any written notices or warnings for doing it the wrong way just was told thats the not the way we do it here at this office.
thank you ***** ********
***********
email ********@********.com
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/20/2016
Employment Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer

Lisa, I am sorry that you are going through this issue. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today, though I wish the circumstances were different.

As you know, when you are employed at will, which you likely were here, the employer can terminate you for any reason or no reason at all. The employer, however, cannot terminate you based on your age, race, gender or disability. They also cannot terminate you if it violates an express policy that they observe.

Do you feel as though this termination is rooted in discrimination in any way or that they violated their own policy in terminating you?

I look forward to hearing back from you and assisting.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not satisfied with response please just refund my money in full as was stated at beginning of this response.

I am sorry you are not satisfied. However, I need to know more information from you before I can give you a complete answer. I need to know if you think there is evidence of discrimination, or if they have violated their own policy. If there is evidence of discrimination or of violation of policy, then you have legal options to fight this horrible occurrence.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would just like not to be charged the fee
Tina, Lawyer