Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have worked State of Texas in the Comptroller's of Public

Customer Question

I have worked for the State of Texas in the Comptroller's of Public Accounts Division as an Auditor since September of 2003 in Tyler, Texas. In that time, I have had 4 Managers Gary Moerbe, Charles Whitaker, ***** *****, and now Vicki Taylor.
At the age of 51 after being belittled and pushed regarding the time it took for me to complete my assignments and almost at the end of my mind, I went and got retested for my Dyslexia and was diagnostic with Developmental Dyslexia with ADAD combined and filed workplace accommodations in April 2014. Since December 2015 they now want you to write up you audits everyday instead of within 30 days after exiting which in extremely hard to near impossible for me to do.
I filed a charge #450216 with the EEOC on 4/22/16; I have a mediation conference schedule for June 29, 2016, and have received a 3rd Probation report this past week regarding my job.
3/16/2016 I received this email from Bill Roach, Internal Audit from Headquarters while out at a taxpayer's place of business. Later in the afternoon, I received a phone call from my supervisor telling me to delete the email I had received in error. Reference email received
I forwarded this separately to Mr. Womack in October 2014 thinking this would stop.
My supervisor sent an email 9/30/14 and asked if the 6th or the 9th would be better for a field visit; I chose the 6th since I already had a workload scheduled with her on the 9th. When she arrived she stated my audit plan was not up to date, and then pretty much screamed at me the entire day, she left around 4pm, and throw me my evaluation to review and stated I should have sent the letters to her since they required her signature.
When she stated my audit plan on G was not up to date, it dawned on me at that point in time, that I had not been writing up my workload comments on a monthly basis, which I have done for the last 12 and a half years.
However, I was in no shape to do anything at that point in time. After Vicki left, I went to advice Mr. Jackson I was leaving for the day, when he said “wow, no lunch, not even a break, what a sense of duty.” He also stated in his thirty years of being a supervisor, he had never yelled at or belittled an employee.
On 10/7/14, I arrived at the taxpayer’s place of business, Donna, Mr. J’s assistant, came to retrieve all the G’s expense folders she had provided, stating she had made plenty of mistakes over the years and Jerry had discussed these with her, but had never yelled at or belittled her, she said she was going to go through the folders she had pulled, and pull out the invoices on the sample list provided, told her thank you. At that point in time, I realized everyone in the building had heard my manager, including Mr. C.
However, I will always wonder if the field visit from my supervisor was the reason Mr. C disregarded my requests for information and documentation. And since Mr. C was unwillingness to divulge information it was not easy to determine the taxability of their bill pay services.
I advised and discussed this issue with my supervisor, she reviewed the same documentation as me; she was not sure either. Jo***** *****, a supervisor from Dallas thought it was data processing too, based on the documentation received.
I will also note Janita Jaster went to the data processing class last year, and stated there was so much confusion regarding what was and was not data processing, they were revising the class. Reference the Nov 2014 attachment showing log in and log out
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: been trying to find one, yet no one handles these type of cases
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: prior to my current supervisor/manager I always meet my job duties
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

I reviewed your work situation above and am wondering exactly what charge or charges that you filed with the EEOC?

-

MARY