How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41558
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been Suspended days now without knowing why I have

Customer Question

I have been Suspended for 10 days now without knowing why I have been Suspended what should I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

If you feel there is discrimination involved you can file with EEOC.You have protection if they acted based on sex, race, or age and singled you out for disparate treatment.That would offer you protection ehre.Honestly I fear they are in the process of terminating you .It has been my experience when they don't tell you anything its because they are gathering information to terminate.


f you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, youcan file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect theaggrieved person's identity. There are time limits for filing a charge.

Lawyer referral for you here..

Legal Referral Service -(###) ###-####/strong>

The Right Call for The Right Lawyer

The Legal Referral Service (LRS), established in 1946, is a public service program sponsored by the New York County Lawyers’ Association and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. The LRS is the oldest lawyer referral organization in New York State, and is the first one in the Northeast to meet or exceed the lawyer referral standards established by the American Bar Association.

For the past 50 years, the Legal Referral Service has matched individuals and companies with knowledgeable and experienced attorneys. A phone call to the LRS will connect you with a trained referral counselor who is a paralegal or lawyer. The referral counselor will listen to you and help you decide if you need to hire a lawyer. If a private lawyer is not appropriate to your needs, the referral counselor may give you basic information or recommend a free legal service or a suitable agency to assist you. If a private lawyer is appropriate, the referral counselor can usually refer you to a lawyer with the knowledge and experience you require.

A Free Public Service

There is no charge for any information you receive over the phone form the Legal Referral Service, and there is no charge for our recommendation. If you choose to see the lawyer we recommend, the lawyer will generally collect $35 for the first one-half hour consultation. The fee is forwarded to the Service to help defray a portion of our operating expenses. The lawyer will not charge additional fees for the first one-half hour consultation.

Before You Call A Lawyer, Find Out Which Lawyer to Call

You can call the Legal Referral Service Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Spanish-speaking counselors are available 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 pm.,(###) ###-####, or you may write to us. Interpreters are available for most languages.

You may uncover facts here to sue for wrongful termination.I fear that this is where this is headed, since they will not talk to you.A lawyer can get access to information about your situation and EEOC if you qualify offers more protection.

Related Employment Law Questions