Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am on SSA disability and have just received my monthly

Customer Question
again after about two years...
I am on SSA disability and have just received my monthly again after about two years. SSA owes me about 18 months of back pay. Every time I think that I am set to receive them they come with a reason not to pay. I live with 2 seniors who have keep my off the street for about two years this money was to go to them. I have a small scrape metal business that pays me about $40.00 a week now SSA has had a detective following me around also a tracker on my car. They are telling me that I have not reported my income. Well I was told by SSA to report it at the end of the year, it's not the end of the year. Also they have me traveling into Boston MA at least once a week which cost about $35.00 each time I go in. Where do they think I'm getting the money. My question is do I have any recourse with SSA. If it were not for the seniors I live with I would Be on the street. I owe them this money.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/18/2016
Employment Lawyer: Taylor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney

hi my name is ***** ***** i would be more than happy to help you with your question

when were you approved for SSD (month/year)? when was the last time you received a check from the SSA?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
receive a check monthly just received a check in June after about 6 mon without one

was there any backpay or was it simply one months amount?

when you contacted the SSA office what do they tell you is the reason for not paying over the past 6 months?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is about 18 mon of back pay

that they owe you, right? I'm asking was the june check for one months amount or was it for 6 months worth?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the check in June was my regular disability check of $534.00

did you contact the SSA when they were not paying you? what was their reasoning?

have you been working during the past 18 months?

when were you approved?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they had me go into Boston to see an investigator apparently people had called in saying I was working and making big money I wasn't I am self employed because I cannot get hired because I have a record the only I can make a few bucks is by scraping metal

alright. what month/year were you approved for disability?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure I think the year was 2010 not sure of month

so you received your normal check for a number of years and then they stopped paying you? did they give you a reason?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
apparently someone was calling in on the tip line and reporting me this has happened about 3 time in the last 2 years .they just stop my SS check investigate and when I get my check in about 4 to 5 mons I have it for 1 or 2 mon and it starts all over again

i would recommend contacting your SSA office and speaking to them. I am sure they will have more answers for you. Since my answers have not been overly helpful i will opt out so you do not have to pay. best of luck

Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

This isCustomer I will be further assisting you with the case.

It appears that SSA is alleging disability fraud based on the tip that SSA received that you are working and not reporting your income. To avoid this issue in the future, you need report any income that you received to the SSA on monthly basis. You should also go into the SSA's local office with your current earnings to date and file your report to bring your reporting up to date. For more information, click on the link below:

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/Documents/T2%20Reporting%20%20Disability%20doc%20final.pdf

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law