Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I recently quit my job after not being paid according to the payment schedule, three times.

Customer Question
This was done without my...
I recently quit my job after not being paid according to the payment schedule, three times. This was done without my consent or prior knowledge. Now my employee is refusing to pay me my accrued vacation time as I didn't give two weeks notice, per labor laws. Is he still obligated to pay my vacation time?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/17/2016
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. Please be patient as I am typing your answer.

Your employer must pay you your accrued vacation along with your regular wages in your final paycheck. If they do not, you can file a wage complaint with the state. The complaint may be filed online:

http://dwd.wi.gov/dwd/forms/erd/ls_119_e.htm

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Loren, Lawyer