LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30+ years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

In Florida, If an employee is provided housing as part of

Customer Question

In Florida, If an employee is provided housing as part of their job and then fired how long do they have before they must leave?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Emma,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Technically the right to stay in the employee housing ends the day that they are terminated. If after 15 days they are still there that is a really good indication that you are going to have to retain a landlord-tenant attorney and begin the eviction process.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug