Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I work on Ft. Benning as a food court manager. I have been

Customer Question
I work on Ft. Benning...
I work on Ft. Benning for AAFES as a food court manager. I have been assigned here for almost 13 months. I was given an AOR (area of responsibility) that earned the company 6.1 million in sales by managing 10 facilities. When I came here the GM wanted for me to rid the company of a manager in my AOR. I was told that due to poor performance this manager had to be placed on a PIP (performance improvement plan). For various reasons this person was place on the PIP, however made it through the PIP period which was 3 months satisfactorily. My GM was angry that I had allowed this person to satisfactorily complete the PIP period, and told me that I would pay for it. A few months later another food court manager was going to retire, and AAFES decided to make her position a PB5/1 or GS 13 equivalent grade. I then went to our HRM and stated that the retiring managers AOR did not meet all of the qualifications to change it to the PB5/1 grade, but my AOR did. I then said if they are considering changing that areas grade mine should also be increased since I have already been working at that level for a year. The old GM got orders to move to Colorado and a new GM came to replace him. The first week that the new GM was here he requested a meeting with me, and during the meeting he stated that the leadership feels that I am overwhelmed with my responsibilities. He then said since you are overwhelmed with your responsibilities we are going to rearrange your AOR. The new GM said I will have only 6 facilities now instead of the ten that I had before which brings me down to well below the minimum level of sales to warrant the grade increase. I have no disciplinary actions, or history of any wrong doing. I have also managed to increase sales for my AOR by 4.5%, increase gross profit by 8.0%, decrease personnel cost by 6%, increase productivity by 12.77%, and increase direct operating profits by 661.5% for the first quarter of this year. Those are very good numbers and in no way warrant this type of treatment. Can you please help me fight to regain what I have worked the last 30 years to achieve. Please call me at(###) ###-####and ask for ***** ***** if you can assist.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to know if I have an EEO case against my employer for preventing me from a promotion.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you call me at(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to chat on the phone.

sorry for the delay. Was called away. I will send the offer for a phone call.

Follow up...I have to step away for the evening but am available most of the day tomorrow.

Tina, Lawyer