How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118633
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Law Educator Esq. Only!!! Received my letter from the Union,

Customer Question

Law Educator Esq. Only!!! Received my letter from the Union, and the results were the same. They denied my request to go back to work. They also stated that they are not bound by the Weingarden rule. What's next for me. Anything at all. And since I only had two years left to receive full pension, I am now left with just 2/3 of it. I would like to email you the letter the sent back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.


Law Educator is currently away from the site but should be back. I am forwarding this question to him so he would see it and reply once he gets back. Just FYI so you know that this should be taken care of.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Sorry for the delay, I have been outside of the US and have had poor internet service.
I have reviewed the letter and I am afraid, that as we discussed, this is a long shot because of the evidence and your admission. The fact that they have such evidence against you and you do not have anything new to undue your dismissal, you can appeal the union's decision, but it is very hard to win a case when someone has admitted to guilt. The only chance with an appeal is proving by other cases that your dismissal was too harsh and was not consistent with discipline to other employees who committed the same or closely similar circumstances.
So you will have to appeal to the union arguing the discipline is too severe and telling them why it is too severe.