Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was given a termination letter and a resignation letter

Customer Question
Hello, I was given a...
Hello, I was given a termination letter and a resignation letter which I refused to read or accept because I was in total shock. After leaving the property, I requested a copy of the letters which they only sent the terminated letter, and further advised that I may write my own letter If I choose to. What shall I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what other info do you need
6/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you know why (or do you suspect that you know) why you were terminated? Were you terminated in violation of a written policy or contract? Were you part of a union?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not a part of a union. I am a sales & Marketing Director. The company claims that I transferred room reservations to a group block to make or exceed my monthly goals. I have been with the company for 6 years. Just received the Sales Manager of the sales manager of the year award and a promotion to 2 new hotels 3 months ago. They audited my last property after I left without my knowledge - concluded that It was fraud. mentioned to many other people that I was being terminated before they met with me yesterday

I am sorry to hear that. So to be clear, you don't have any reason to believe that you were targeted based upon your race, age, religion, gender or disability? That is, the reasons that they're giving for your termination are likely the real reasons (even if they're incorrect)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already updated payment - I await a call -(###) ###-####

Can you resubmit the phone call request? I can't call until I accept the request and it fully funds.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just received an email - already billed - please call(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please call

I'm sorry, I tried to accept your call request, there was a payment failure, and on my side it said that the site would attempt to contact you. It doesn't register if I call you on your phone number, but it has to be through a call request like you did before.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you have my payment - please call

I'm only allowed to contact you through the site (basically it's the site that connects my phone and yours) and I can't call you directly. I don't have your payment (again, I don't get any payment until you request it and I accept it, which I tried to do earlier but there was a payment failure). How did you request the phone call earlier?

I cannot just take your phone number and dial it with mine. The phone call option is a premium service that is part of the site and operated through the site.

I didn't initiate the phone call offer. I know that it's sometimes offered automatically by the site. But essentially you have the option of requesting a phone call, and I can accept it or refuse. I tried to accept it, but payment failed. I understand that you updated payment, but you would need to request it so I can accept it. Again, I can't just dial your phone number, per the terms of service of this site and how the premium services work.

Does that make sense? Are you able to request the phone call on your side? (there might be a button that says "request premium service" or request phone call or something like that).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot request it unless o pay again - American Express had already sent afraud alert for 59.00

JustAnswer doesn't charge but preauthorizes the payment. I assume it's the fraud alert that caused it to be declined in the first place. You'd need to contact your credit card company to remove that. Again, you don't pay anything until I accept the phone call request. Until then it's a preauthorization, and it appears that it was declined due to the fraud alert.

Tina, Lawyer