Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If you get fired because a register is short and 4 other

Customer Question
people are in that draw...
If you get fired because a register is short and 4 other people are in that draw and they let you go and no one else and said people said not to hire her heresay what are ther rights ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/13/2016
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. I'm sorry to hear about your job loss.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think the manager who terminated you had an ulterior motive in terminating you, perhaps your age, race, gender, disability or religious beliefs?

Tina, Lawyer