Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My boss is telling me because i make $2,500 monthly salary

Customer Question
that i don't get any...
my boss is telling me because i make $2,500 monthly salary that i don't get any overtime?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/11/2016
Employment Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Just because you are salaried does not mean that you are not entitled to overtime.

This schedule of jobs gives the very narrow limitations and exemptions to overtime pay: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_overtimeexemptions.htm, given the salary you are being paid, I would be very surprised if you fit into any of these categories.

You can file a complaint (even if you think you may fall into one of these categories, you can still file a complaint and let the CA Dept. of Labor decide) with the CA Dept. of Labor wage and hour dept. here: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm.

You may be entitled to back pay and penalties against your employer.

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney