Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I have fmla and anxiety . my paperwork reads up to 5

Customer Question

I have fmla for depression and anxiety . my paperwork reads up to 5 episodes a year lasting 3 days to 3 months expires on June 2/2016 I had to take off work on the 2nd for my condition .Labor relation only covered me on the 2nd and then awol me the rest. not helping my condition. what can I do ?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My hours of leave didn't expire just calendar year . but if the excuse 1 day they need to excuse the rest . this is a episode not a day.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have to present evidence of the fact the leave was covered under your FMLA and tell them that if they continue to try to punish you over this you will file a complaint for harassment and retaliation under FMLA with the US Department of Labor and will seek damages against them for the harassment and retaliation.

If they will not accept your proof, then you need to file your complaint to the US DOL and most times they will resolve the issue with the employer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have proof ? My calendar date ran out so they say . it reads 5 episodes a year from 3day to 3 months . they said it expired on the 2nd at that point it was first day of episode ?
If your time out started on the last day of your written approval, you need to just go get a new letter from your doctor to explain this and they have to allow it or you do have a complaint.