Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have fmla and anxiety . my paperwork reads up to 5

Customer Question
I have fmla for depression...
I have fmla for depression and anxiety . my paperwork reads up to 5 episodes a year lasting 3 days to 3 months expires on June 2/2016 I had to take off work on the 2nd for my condition .Labor relation only covered me on the 2nd and then awol me the rest. not helping my condition. what can I do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My hours of leave didn't expire just calendar year . but if the excuse 1 day they need to excuse the rest . this is a episode not a day.
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You have to present evidence of the fact the leave was covered under your FMLA and tell them that if they continue to try to punish you over this you will file a complaint for harassment and retaliation under FMLA with the US Department of Labor and will seek damages against them for the harassment and retaliation.

If they will not accept your proof, then you need to file your complaint to the US DOL and most times they will resolve the issue with the employer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do I have proof ? My calendar date ran out so they say . it reads 5 episodes a year from 3day to 3 months . they said it expired on the 2nd at that point it was first day of episode ?
If your time out started on the last day of your written approval, you need to just go get a new letter from your doctor to explain this and they have to allow it or you do have a complaint.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney