Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I quit my job on 5/27/2016, and still have not been paid, is

Customer Question
this legal? Robert Murray...
I quit my job on 5/27/2016, and still have not been paid, is this legal?
Robert Murray
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/10/2016
Employment Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Under California law, the employer must pay an employee his/her final paycheck within 72 hours of the employee quitting. Here's a good link that outlines this and other relevant rules: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_paydays.htm

If the employer fails to pay, there are penalties that can be applied over and above the final paycheck amount. You can read about that at the link as well.

Roger, Lawyer